Monday, April 13, 2020

Where Does "Personality Type" Come From Anyway?!

We might also ask, "How is my personality type formed?"

Most of the time when this question is asked the results we get end up referring to Carl Jung and his theory of personality type which motivated Catherine Briggs and her daughter Isabell Briggs-Myers to create the Myers-Briggs personality indicator.

But I'm not talking about that. However, if you go to the link I'm going to give you, you will get a really great explanation of how your personality type, which is intact by the time you are born, develops, here is the link "The Personality Page".

However, as helpful as the explanation on "The Personality Page" is, that is not what I"m talking about.

How can your type be intact by the time you are born? I mean something is happening between the time you were conceived and the time you were born. Yes? Well is it biology, is it evolution, is it pure chance, what is it?

NO. None of that, Listen:

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous and how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalm 139:13-16

God created your personality type within you.

You were imprinted by Him to instinctively prefer the behaviors you prefer. Think about that. You are supposed to be the type you are! Wow!

Now, for all the INFJs out there, including myself, that truth has confused me at times and stressed me at times and even depressed me until I see the beauty of INFJ and the rarity of that type.

It is truly all good. Whichever of the 16 types you are you are meant to be that particular type.

I have frequently said that your personality type is your asset of assets. I believe that knowing that God has purposely given you the personality type that you have increases the understanding and appreciation for how valuable your type is and that type is indeed your asset of assets.

So, consider taking the time to learn as much as you can about the personality type that God has created within you.

Use that knowledge to better understand the type of others and use that knowledge as the foundation of all your understanding of relationships.

If you are dating, date based upon personality type. You can do that easily and safely at typedates.com.






No comments:

Post a Comment